iTunes - cyrillic tags

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by waui01, Jun 13, 2005.

1. waui01 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

How can I display cyrillic id tags on iTunes (mac version)? is it possible to specify the coding somewhere?
    On windows you can specify the language for non-unicode programs and iTunes shows all cyrillic tags. is there such an option in OS X tiger?? :confused:

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I can't say for certain, but I think you need to check through some of the options in the International pane of System Preferences and make sure OS X is able to display Cyrillic fonts. Of course, I have absolutely no experience with Cyrillic fonts whatsoever. Check here, maybe there's some info.

3. waui01 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx I'll try it. OS X supports cyrillic but these tags were not interpreted properly, i guess :confused:

4. garybUK Guest

garybUK

I've got a large selection of russian songs in cyrilic and it usually just supports them from the off.

Try re-inputting them.

5. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

iTunes displays foreign language tags just fine, if the tags are in Unicode format. I personally have songs with German, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Spanish and Russian tags. Plus I like to use stars and other symbols in my playlist names.

However, with many MP3s (especially those given to you by "friends"), the tags are in some weird encoding that can only be understood by guesswork. That's probably why iTunes doesn't display cyrillic characters for you. I never had problems with CDs ripped with iTunes. Also, I recently bought a Russian track from allofmp3.com, and it displayed just fine.

6. garybUK Guest

garybUK

That's where i get all of my mp3 from :) they usually mix up a ' with a ` but no big deal.

7. waui01 thread starter macrumors newbie

that's exactly the problem...that the tags are not unicode....I'll try to convert them somehow