iTunes Data....what is it??

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Rajj, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

What are these data files?
    Can I delete them without screwing up iTunes?
    :confused: :confused:

Attached Files:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Temp files are for burning/ripping, you can remove the temp files just DON'T REMOVE THE DATA FILES... if you do you will have to rebuild your library.

TEG

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

wow... i sure as hell don't have any of those...

and i thought it was annoying that itunes has created like 4 Library files...

delete them, it should not hurt anything. Temp files are meant to be deleted eventually...

what version of X are you using? which version of iTunes? you may want to reinstall iTunes (you won't lose your music, don't worry)...

pnw

4. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

5. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I have the same problem, there are nearly 1Gb of them (temp files that is)!! Fine, if I delete them, they will only build up again. How can I stop them being created in the first place??

6. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Hmm, there aren't any temp files in my iTunes music folder. There used to be a few, but I deleted them, and I checked just now, and I haven't gotten any more. So obviously there is something that makes iTunes create these files...but what?

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'd guess burning CD's creates the temp files.... and they should be deleted automatically.

but that's just a guess

arn

8. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

I have never used iTunes to burn a cd, so it cant be that. I have ripped things though. Its as if they are just not being deleted when they should be. However, I have deleted these temporary files + over time they re-appear (even when I am not ripping new cd's).