**iTunes Doesn't let me edit info on songs**

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by n1k1t4, Aug 2, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, I've just downloaded a bunch of new songs, and iTunes doesn't let me edit the info!!! I've restarted my mac, iTunes and closed every app!! I'm running Lion, and it's only now that it won't let me do it!! PLEASE HELP!!

2. macrumors 603

saving107

What info are you trying to edit?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

IM trying to edit Artist, song, album,etc but the whole box is grayed out

4. macrumors 603

saving107

Where were these songs downloaded from and at what format?

5. macrumors regular

I had this same issue with one of the iTunes 10.5 beta's. It resolved itself when I updated to the newest beta that is out now. Not sure what caused it but it also would not delete anything. It would delete the file on the HD, but would not delete in library lol. All those mishaps are gone though.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol

Thanks, I've got a different way though: right click the song and choose convert to AAC or something. I think it worsens the quality a teeny bit, but you can edit it.

7. macrumors regular

Same here. The last beta wouldn't allow me to edit tags or delete files from the library. Fiddling with the permissions gave me a temporary work around, but updating to the current beta solved the problem.

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Help

How do you update the Beta?? maybe that's it, I'm running iTunes 10.5 beta 2 and i need to update!?