iTunes/eBay-- Don't buy this!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by TimDaddy, Mar 28, 2004.

1. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
  2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Hey, whatever it takes to bring in the dough. No wait, that's eBay's motto.

Just as some idiot would bid on a PB scam, somebody's gonna bid on this one.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

The funny thing is people HAVE bid on it, in fact, look at the dudes feedback. He got a negative from someone who couldn't read the codes through the bottle.

4. TimDaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Oh man! Last night I could have sworn the item had received no bids. What kind of poor chumps....

At work a few weeks ago, I was bumming a winning cap from someone. My supervisor who doesn't give a damn about macrumors.com, Apple Computer, or iTunes overheard me. He said "Why don't you just do like those kids on the news and tilt the bottle and read the lid?" I mean, everybody knows about this. I was doing it 10-12 years ago trying to win a Gameboy. Do the people buying this live in a cave?

5. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Cave dwellers among the Internet population sounds perfectly reasonable to me. ;)

Actually, though, the later round of bottles shipped after the tilting made news have a clear plastic insert under the cap that make it a lot more difficult to see what's written up there. So that negative feedback had a point.

I'm just peeved because one of the Pepsi-drinking friends I'd recruited to get me free songs FORGOT about it and just last week asked me, "Oh, did you want me to save those for you?" now that the promotion period is almost over! grrrrrrr. :mad: