iTunes equalizer question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sealed, Feb 2, 2006.

1. sealed macrumors newbie

I am interested in setting all the songs in a certain genre to a specific equalizer preset, i.e. rap to Hip-Hop, rock to Rock, etc.

My question is, would there be a way to change the iTunes behavior to turn off the EQ if I don't have an EQ setting specified for a certain song?

2. croshtique macrumors 6502

It's pretty simple:
    Make sure the EQ is set to 'flat' normally. (When nothing's playing, click the EQ button and choose 'flat' from the menu)
    Then anytime you play a tune that you have set to have a specific EQ setting it will override the default setting ('flat', or 'off' to all intents and purposes) and use the EQ setting you desire.

3. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

In addition to croshtique's advice, you can also set the eq for each song individually. For example, let's say that you assigned the rock eq setting for all rock songs in your library, but on one particular song the rock eq really didn't deliver the goods.

Enter the iTunes "get info" window. Using the example above, find the song in the library that you want to change the eq setting, select it, then choose get info from the file menu (or command I, or right click the song as you select it). Select the options tab in the get info window, and choose a new eq preset (including none) from the equalizer pop-up list. Click ok and you're done.