Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
houston
ok, i had no trouble burning CDs from iTunes b4 i sent my TiBook in to be fixed. NOW, i tried earlier to burn a CD and it gave me an error. I switched the blank CDR and it burned.

I tried to burn another copy of the same CD and now it simply wont burn. it gives me an "unknown error occured" message (-2147352542) and then spits out the CD... any idea what this is or why my computer wont burn a CD all of a sudden??

THANX

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
It might be a problem with your CDs. My (external) CD burner
by iomega, just didn't like my CD-R discs, and wouldn't burn on
them. When you would try you would ruin the CD. So, I would
try a different brand of CD-R's, and make sure you aren't burning
at a higher speed than the discs support.

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
houston
well i have gotten it to burn a CD again...but still gives the error intermitently. the CDs im using i have had for a while...ive already burnt like 30 form the pack of 50 so i doubt its the CDs.

i think its more of a software type error. Of course when my computer came back it was still trying to boot from an external HD then had to search for a bootable drive (till i reset it to my boot drive) so i may have to look at software help.

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Have you run maintenance on your machine? Run everything you can think of to clean it up. Also, try burning with Toast or DiskCopy to see if you have errors system wide or just in iTunes.

Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.