iTunes explodes when connecting to shared library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by runningnick, Oct 21, 2006.

1. runningnick macrumors newbie

I'm getting this error message every time I try to connect to my iTunes library on my Windows computer from my Macbook. After this error message, the Windows iTunes bumps up the connected users counter, so it thinks I'm connected.

I really like the "port blank" part of the error message.

As soon as I say OK, iTunes crashes and the report log contains various nasty things like

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
    Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000008

Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried removing password protecting, restarting both machines, uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. Both are running 7.0.1.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this all worked in iTunes 6.

Attached Files:

2. runningnick thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's not a port problem (those were already open). Something is broken deep within the bowels of iTunes, as other users on the Windows box can share just fine. Uninstalling, delete registry keys, and deleting the preferences folders in Documents and Settings didn't help either. God knows where the corrupted data is actually being stored.

The only thing that worked was to downgrade to iTunes 6. So I'll just run 6 on that box forever.