iTunes export cut and song length

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by craigiest, Jan 26, 2004.

1. craigiest macrumors member

After creating my first piece of music with GB, I exported to iTunes and found that the track abruptly cuts off immediately after the last note without letting the sustain, reverb, and echo fade. This is really annoying. Anybody experienced or fixed this problem? I have the purple end of song arrow well after the music stops.

Also, is there any limit on the length a song can be?

Craig

2. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

Re: iTunes export cut and song length

Try setting the loop length (the gold bar above the ruler) to end just past the end of your song. I'm not sure the loop has anything to do with what gets exported. But it can't hurt.

Edit: I just did a test and that's what you have to do. Set the loop to start at the beginnng and end to where ever you want. Whatever is in the loop is what gets exported.

3. gschumsky macrumors member

Where is the gold bar, or do you turn it on? All I sse is the timeline and then the title above that.
    Thanks!

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

The loop button is on the right of the transport, and you simply select a point on the bar and drag.

5. gschumsky macrumors member

Thanks for the quick response! I just got iLife the other day and am trying to figure out all the cool stuff in GB. Now to get it to behave on my Pismo...