iTunes - faulty track

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevinswalsh, Jun 16, 2005.

1. kevinswalsh macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm an iTunes newbie. I downloaded an album yesterday and burned a CD. It all seemed OK, but when I played it, one of the tracks just went silent halfway through. So I checked the track on my computer - same thing. All other tracks are fine.

There's clearly a problem with that one track, but I've read that you can't re-download it. So what do I do?

Thanks
    :)
    Kevin

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
  3. kevinswalsh thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Cordless_Drill macrumors regular

Cordless_Drill

One thing I'll add.

I bought a Cars song ("You Are The Girl") that has a skip in it. No big deal. Emailed Apple through iTunes, they gave me another download. No big deal.

Second download still has the same skip.

I just assume Apple has a skip on their master. Not a big deal, but there's a small chance Apple has a problem. Small chance. Still a possibility.

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Let them know that it has a skip. When my AIR download had skips, their first step was to allow me to download again in case the file had got corrupted on my machine. The next step was to refund my cash and tell me to try again in a couple of weeks. I didn't get round to it for a couple of months but sure enough the tracks were fine the next time I did it.

6. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

just happened to me on Tuesday with the new Pernice Brothers album. their iTMS support is frustrating - wasn't that easy to find the contact form - and that form doesn't even make much sense (appleID and email, etc...) - then it takes up to 72 hours to get a reply. when they did reply it was a form email about downloading the songs again, they were still corrupted (verified with their record label) - so i had to reply back to that e-mail... blah blah - i'm glad their hardware support is better.