iTunes floater for fullscreen gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by icaruscollapse, May 13, 2006.

1. icaruscollapse macrumors newbie

I play World of Warcraft a bunch, and I've always got iTunes going. I'd like something like Synergy to use. I don't need the menu bars or anything, all I want is the floater with the song title, artist name, album name, and the album art, but it needs to display OVER a full-screen game. The little bit of searching I've done has come up with a bunch of floaters, but they all seem to only work over regular non-fullscreen applications.

Anyone know of anything that works like I'd like it to?

2. milkdev macrumors member

milkdev

I don't know for sure if it has preferences for full screen overlays, but have a look at Growl.

3. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

How about the built in one in iTunes. You don't get album art though. Under preferences > advanced > general tab click "Keep Mini Player on top of all windows" and then click the green + button. Stays on top of the DVD Player in full screen so I'd imagine that it'd work with full screen games.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

5. icaruscollapse thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that I have a real right to be picky here, but I'd prefer something that just fades in when the track changes, and isn't there all the time... But hey, I'd go for anything right now.

6. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Sizzling Keys sounds just what you're after, however I don't know whether it displays on top of a full screen app.

::20ROGERSC::

7. Fourbin macrumors regular