Itunes for Windows same as Mac version

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dont Hurt Me, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Well folks i have a new Machine for gaming( yah i hear you) and iam going to put iTunes for (ahem) windows Xp in the machine and was wondering if there are any issues i should be aware of before installing itunes. Is it the same as our itunes? Also is there a easy way to move my music to the new windows version other then burning a cd.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I have good news for you. In large part iTunes for Windows and iTunes for Mac OS X are identical. However, there are some differences, such as the Add To Library item in the File menu. Under Mac OS X, there's just one menu item for adding both files and folders. Under Windows, there are two separate menu items - one for adding files and one for adding folders - because Windows has separate UI widgets for opening files and opening folders and doesn't support adding either one in one widget.

As far as transferring your music goes, I've found that all you have to do is copy your entire iTunes folder from Mac to PC (or PC to Mac) and the other iTunes will convert/update your music library automatically, preserving all your playlists and statistics in the process. How you do this does not matter - you can burn it to CD/DVD, copy it over the network, copy it to an external hard disk then mount the hard disk on the other machine, etc.

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me