iTunes forum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Eldiablojoe, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Eldiablojoe
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I know the bloated, over-rated, heavy, slow, chunk of software known as iTunes is a frequent topic target of posts. Why is there no iTunes specific forum?

2. Comeagain?
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

As large and bloated as iTunes is, is there e ough topic to warrant a dedicated forum?

3. maflynn
    Expand Collapse

maflynn

Staff Member

As frequent as it may appear in the app forum, there's not enough iTunes specific threads to justify a dedicate forum for a single application.

4. SandboxGeneral, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012

SandboxGeneral
    Expand Collapse

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I agree; I don't think there is enough discussion specifically regarding iTunes to warrant its own forum. I don't think in my few years here that I've ever looked for anything on that topic.

5. knux11
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

i was going to ask this very question. I GUESS there isn't enough to talk about, but looking at the subforums that already exist, I'd have more to look at/post regarding itunes than quite a few of the other subforum topics.

I mean, you have a subforum (on MACrumors, mind you) dedicated to everything BUT mac/iOS stuff. and 4(!) subforums just about apps.

Guess i'm saying if the subforum were there, I'm sure there'd be relevant threads in it.

6. dejo
    Expand Collapse

dejo

Staff Member

We have those subforums because the mods/admins deemed that they get enough discussion to warrant separate sub forums.

Sure, but would there be enough relevant threads with enough posting to make it worthwhile to dedicate a forum to it?

7. knux11
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

obviously, and i'm obviously saying i think so.