Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Upper Mid West
balamw, thanks for your response.

i'm having trouble finding the review i wrote for MH.

2 questions, did you see my review in the itms?

second question, can you find it now?

here's what it said:

"I couldn't have been happier to see MH for sale on iTunes. To add to my excietement it appeared as though I would be able to collect this series from the very start. I clicked and bought Season 1 only to later realize that their so-called season 1 was simply a hodge podge of episodes from various seasons..FRAUD... I want my money back! and btw, you might want this to show up in the Travel Channel section, as I've never seen this show on any other channel in the U.S."

does itunes recycle reviews by deleting posts after a week?

is there a procedure i'm missing that would explain why i am unable to find my review where i previously could find it?

any info on this would be appreciated

Celticsun

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2005
I think you might find that your review will have been possibly deleted due to its rather negative and emotive and lets face it using the word 'Fraud' might even travel into the realms of liable slander without appropriate evidence.

If you had simply expressed your dissapointment at a possible limited provision of clarity in the explanation of what you thought you were purchasing, then had e-mailed CS to follow up this expression of dissapointment, you might have easily have resolved this issue.

The ball was in your court, I think you fumbled it mate.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington

Point me to where TV land has a place to purchase a season 1 with those listed titles. It has been established that what is sold as a "season 1" will vary from what has aired in a single year of a show at times. This is especially true if the show has crossed international boarders, or if it haas recently been released in the country of purchase, where it has been showing for years upon years in another.

A list of what aired is not proof that Apple didn't sell you season 1. I'm going to pocket my 10$, ask you to read my original post again, understand it, and come back. And if I'm still board and have time to kill after you come back, I might just give you another reply that you won't read.

~Tyler

Edit: On a second look, I'm not only going to point out you don't understand the point, and the definition of a "Season 1" "DVD", but you also failed to make an intelligent reply. I looked over that list you posted again, and it is OBVIOUSLY the British Season one. Doubtful if you even seen any of those episodes in the US. Also right under the name, note that is says "10 Episodes", and again you claim you've seen at least 20 here in the US. Are you really that blind?

*looks trhough reviews*
You are that blind. No one deleted you review, it's right there under all the reviews of the show. Unlike your review, which gives the show praise, and then goes on about how stupid you are. I think it's funny that you rate it only 2 stars, and the reason it seems to have not received 5 stars is due to your eye sight. Where you subconsciously rating your own intellect?

Interestingly enough I'd be far more kind to someone that wasn't a whiner, and actually did something about the problems in life. However at this point it's kinda entertaining to repeatedly point out how silly and childish you are :D

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
does itunes recycle reviews by deleting posts after a week?
No. I've posted my share of negative, yet constructive, reviews on iTMS that are still around. Perhaps someone used the "Report a Concern" button on your review.

B

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
jkaz-

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(anyone else get it?)

jkaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Upper Mid West
jkaz-

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(anyone else get it?)

billy madison?

rullerr

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
jkaz, I've read this entire thread. Not only do you refuse to accept the glaring evidence against your argument, or for that matter any suggestions that may get your money back, but you continue to plug your ears and scream "I'm not listening" like a child. This was a business transaction, plain and simple. You saw the "Series 1 of Most Haunted" and purchased it. If in fact the only knowledge of the show you had at that time was the US release, than you in fact did purchase the Season 1 that you knew it as. No one is denying that you may have seen more episodes, but as this is a repackaged show, it is common practice to not only show the episodes out of their original order, but to show multiple seasons consecutively. The normal schedule is able to be circumvented because the filming, editing, and time intensive portions of TV shows has already been performed. Not just that, but in a money driven market like the US, most first seasons will be short, either to save filming costs or import costs (cause you know Discovery had to pay to bring the show overseas). I will admit, that as of yet no official, or even unofficial list of Season 1 in the US is out... that is excepting the ITMS list. Just the same, these are the episodes aired in the US, and they are released by the US company. If in fact you knew nothing of the UK series before the purchase was made, than the only thing that you could have claimed as fraud was that the number of episodes was not what you had expected, in which case you might have had an argument. Instead you took the stance of they aren't in order, which implies knowledge of the UK series. So, you've either lied, or taken an indefensible position. I will even allow that your original claim was in fact due to the number of episodes. Even such, this was not portrayed as the UK series, all of the information on ITMS is on the US release, including the dates. To expect the UK release was negligence on your part. There was no fraud, because you misunderstood what was presented, not what was presented was misrepresented. What was presented was that it was the US release of the show, in it's first season as decided by Discovery. You however took it to be the UK release, which nothing on the page implies. So the case is merely negligence on your part, both for the lack of information gathering about your purchase, and expectations beyond what was presented. If you argue that "there is no US season" simply because nothing is online about it, you are wrong. The Discovery Channel has purchased the rights, and as such can label whatever release order they want to be whatever season number they want.

jkaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Upper Mid West
ruller, i have read your entire post and let me say that paragraphs are your friend. If you had indeed read all of my posts and every post on this thread you would have found that most people opposed to my notions believe that the fact that this show was advertised as being season 1 is a united states version of a season 1 because of the fact that it is being advertised and sold on a company stationed in the united states, that being the apple company which is the owner and operator of the itunes music store. Since I do not believe that you have read the entire post or at the very least taken the time to fully and completely comprehend all information of each and every post i will reiterate to you the information i find most pertinent to the intent of the original thread. Though before we begin this process I must first point out that there is indeed more than one opinion of what is and what is not pertinent information. For example, some people believe that the fact there is not one shred of evidence of the existence of a united states season 1 episode list other than what is provided on the itunes music store is not relevant but it must be pointed out that not even on the most haunted selling page on the itunes music store itself is there a reference to the concept of a united states season 1 being offered for sale. i might point out to you at this time that any form of google search for a united states season one of most haunted will not yield a result like or similiar to that of a simpler google search of most haunted season one of which the top found link brings you to a page that in fact lists and details the most common found version of most haunted season one yet to exist in all of society today. another point of contention is that the 10 episodes being sold as season one on the itunes music store is a representation of the imaginary united states season one of most haunted and this point is strongly contested with the information gathered from the reputable guide to television shows, information and their air dates which is in fact called tvguide.com. a thorough examination of this information shows that there is no distinguishable or pertinent pattern or correlation between the imaginary united states first season of the television show called most haunted and the actual air dates of the ten episodes being sold by the itunes music store. in other words, as has been previously contended by myself, the ten episodes labeled as season one of most haunted is merely nothing more than a hodge podge of episodes from various seasons with no actual connection to any actual season be it the original series one shown in the uk and perhaps other places nor the imaginary united states version of the season one pulled from the ether by various and numerous members of the macrumors.com community of which some have posted on this message board. i find it important to further point out that no post on this thread or message board system at large has been able to chart a non-non-sensical connection between the imaginary itunes music store version of a united states version of season one of most haunted with the actual series one of the united kingdom version of season one of most haunted or the actual united states premier dates of the united kingdom show of most haunted being played on the united states television station of the travel channel which is owned by the discovery channel and their related companies and ownership labels.

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
useless post

You keep referring to this "imaginary U.S. season". Curious. Let's see if you can answer these questions.

1. Did you not watch Most Haunted on U.S. television?
2. Was the series not shown on the Travel Channel?
3. Who owns the Travel Channel, Apple or Discovery?
4. Who's responsible for packaging items for sale, the merchant or the distributer?
5. Again, you claim that you saw Most Haunted on U.S. Television. If this is true, were the episodes shown in order based on the U.K. series?
6. So, the season you saw, was in fact Series 1 of the U.K. in it's entirety?
7. So, what you're trying to tell us is that you have never seen any episode post Series 1(U.k.)?

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
has it really not occured to you that the listings of episodes that you keep coming up with are for the UK series? as in, those air dates are for when they aired originally in the UK?

this is like arguing with a brick wall, only a brick wall is more receptive.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
I'm still waiting on a response to my questions. But I'll repeat this single question again just for the fun of watching it bounce off air.

If iTunes is reselling the only legal US version of the Season 1 series, how is Apple defrauding you? You seem to keep implying that there is some other US version that iTunes COULD have sold you, but instead they sold you this cheap none sense crap, and you should have gotten something else.

In reality you had preconceived ideas about what the Season 1 box set should have contained, and applied that assumption to your purchase without looking. This is perhaps not a nice thing for the Travel Channel to do, but it certainly has nothing to do with Apple, who is just taking what they are given, and raising the price by some % to make a profit.

Earendil

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2003
Washington
ruller, i have read your entire post and let me say that paragraphs are your friend.

Nice starting rebuttal! Insult the poster! A+ work there.

If you had indeed read all of my posts and every post on this thread you would have found that most people opposed to my notions believe that the fact that this show was advertised as being season 1 is a united states version of a season 1 because of the fact that it is being advertised and sold on a company stationed in the united states, that being the apple company which is the owner and operator of the itunes music store.

This is correct, because you bought it from a store that can not be accessed from outside the US, that sells content that is only legal in the US, and is sectioned by US copy right laws. It's not called the "US iTunes Store" for nothing :rolleyes:

So now you are going to use what you said above to make some point, right? errr.... maybe not.....

Since I do not believe that you have read the entire post or at the very least taken the time to fully and completely comprehend all information of each and every post

Now you are repeating yourself... *yawn*

i will reiterate to you the information i find most pertinent to the intent of the original thread. Though before we begin this process I must first point out that there is indeed more than one opinion of what is and what is not pertinent information. For example, some people believe that the fact there is not one shred of evidence of the existence of a united states season 1 episode list other than what is provided on the itunes music store is not relevant but it must be pointed out that not even on the most haunted selling page on the itunes music store itself is there a reference to the concept of a united states season 1 being offered for sale.

I'm sorry, does that make sense to even you? the iTunes store you shopped at was not the British iTunes store, it was not the Japenese iTunes store, it was the UNITED BLOODY STATES iTUNES STORE. It is considered obvious that if you buy a product distributed by a US company, and do so from a US retailer, that you are getting a "united states season 1".

i might point out to you at this time that any form of google search for a united states season one of most haunted will not yield a result like or similiar to that of a simpler google search of most haunted season one of which the top found link brings you to a page that in fact lists and details the most common found version of most haunted season one yet to exist in all of society today. another point of contention is that the 10 episodes being sold as season one on the itunes music store is a representation of the imaginary united states season one of most haunted and this point is strongly contested with the information gathered from the reputable guide to television shows, information and their air dates which is in fact called tvguide.com.

Your entire argument is debunked by two facts of television and retail:
1) What is considered a "Season" is different between countries
2) What is considered a "Season" is different between television and retail product
Conclusion: You can not relate the two without question.

What can you relate? Similar products for sale!! So compare the iTunes US Season 1 product to that of another retailer, and see if iTunes is screwing you out of your deserved product. Oh, what's this, no one else *IS* selling a US Season 1? And the Season 1 that iTunes is selling is sanctioned and the product of the "imagination" of the legal US distributor, the Travel Channel? You have no ground to stand on buddy, but it sure is fun shooting you out of the water repeatedly :cool:

a thorough examination of this information shows that there is no distinguishable or pertinent pattern or correlation between the imaginary united states first season of the television show called most haunted and the actual air dates of the ten episodes being sold by the itunes music store. in other words, as has been previously contended by myself, the ten episodes labeled as season one of most haunted is merely nothing more than a hodge podge of episodes from various seasons with no actual connection to any actual season be it the original series one shown in the uk and perhaps other places nor the imaginary united states version of the season one pulled from the ether

I'm sorry, your point? See my paragraph above.

by various and numerous members of the macrumors.com community of which some have posted on this message board. i find it important to further point out that no post on this thread or message board system at large has been able to chart a non-non-sensical connection between the imaginary itunes music store version of a united states version of season one of most haunted with the actual series one of the united kingdom version of season one of most haunted or the actual united states premier dates of the united kingdom show of most haunted being played on the united states television station of the travel channel which is owned by the discovery channel and their related companies and ownership labels.

Admittedly, and without disrespect, I really don't understand this last bit. Individual companies that own distribution rights within a country, for a specific product, do not need to adhere to what other companies are doing in other countries with their rights. And retailers, whether it's target, wal-mart, or iTunes, have no say in how it's packaged. Just because iTunes could rearrange the episodes with more ease than wal-mart, does not mean they have any more right.

Notice I made a reply, yet again, no just every every single one of your points, and without deleting any text, or making person jabs on your person or your writing "style".

I look forwarded to you well thought out and sensical reply.

~Tyler

ps
After saying that the poster you replied to with this message was off base, and didn't understand what was going on, you failed to really make any reply to his points and arguments. your arguing style is just that, arguing, it has little to do with what you are responding to half the time :rolleyes:

jane doe

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
Guys, I think he is missing the point. Apple may not even be aware of the discrepancy and he has yet to post that he has contacted Apple.

I think this is more of a post to get attention then it is anything else. I know that if there is a real problem then Apple will help help resolve it.

GITANAJAVA

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2006
Have ibrik, will travel.
I would not accuse them of fraud when you contact them, Otherwise they will tell you to have your lawyers contact their lawyers cause I'm in India and don't care, while I'm eating my curry tonight you still wont have all your episodes.

What's this then? How'd my dinner become on topic? Not cricket dragging innocent bystanders into j--ka-z's muddle. ;)

jane doe

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
What's this then? How'd my dinner become on topic? Not cricket dragging innocent bystanders into j--ka-z's muddle. ;)

:) glad someone saw the humor in it. The point is, accusing them of fraud would invoke a automatic response and he wouldn't get the help he needs and wants.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
:) glad someone saw the humor in it. The point is, accusing them of fraud would invoke a automatic response and he wouldn't get the help he needs and wants.
I'm increasingly getting the feeling that jkaz is getting exactly the response they desire. From us that is...

B

rullerr

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2006
First, this is a forum Jkaz. I don't need to organize my thoughts into proper paragraphs, and even that could be argued that since the entire post was on one main topic, is was simply a large paragraph, not centralized around more than one idea.

Second, I agree that not a single poster here has found evidence of the US season 1, but along the same lines, you as an informed consumer are expected to realize that you are not purchasing the UK series 1 that you seem to have expected. You instead need to understand that by purchasing the SEASON 1 of the show from the US ITUNES STORE from it's US DISTRIBUTOR you are likely purchasing something rather different from the UK release. If you did not know about the UK show like you claimed, than this wouldn't have appeared as a hodge podge until after you looked up the episode guide. If that's the case, why didn't you look it up before the purchase?

The issue of this thread is not, "this isn't Season 1 of Most Haunted as released in the UK", but instead whether or not you were defrauded by iTunes. Your points so far have merely been that it isn't the published series 1 as released in the UK. However the counterpoints to that argument are a) you purchased the US release, and the distributor has the rights to reorder the series, if it is so defined in their contract and b) that iTunes is merely a resale store similar to Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy... etc. and were a similar disagreement to arise, an unopened DVD would be refunded, but an opened one would not (as is the stores policy) because they don't bundle the shows, that is done by the distributor.

I'm going to take a guess here. You've yet to reply to the question or whether or not you've contacted iTunes CS. You've also yet to admit that iTunes is merely a resale store, and seem to be under the incorrect idea that iTunes is in fact the distributor. If you can counter the points raised against your argument in a logical way, either proving that the two points against your argument are false or disproving one of them (and not with a special case of a UK show imported in order) than please feel free. Otherwise I humbly ask that you admit that you are wrong, as you've yet to actually prove us wrong but have glaring evidence against you, and stop claiming fraud. You provided the definition, and the key work in that is intentional. iTunes did not intentionally mislead you, refer to point a), and you've still yet to prove that what is being sold is any less than Discovery's idea of Season 1, but merely that it isn't the UK series 1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.