itunes freezes when importing from folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rajanna, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Rajanna macrumors newbie

Help! itunes goes into hang and freezes when I try to import music from a folder saved on my desktop. When this happens I have to reboot my windows computer (xp professional) and then it works. What should I do?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Where is the music from? Could you re-rip it from CDs, maybe using iTunes' ripper?

3. Rajanna thread starter macrumors newbie

No, the music is downloaded from a music service (not itunes) and saved on my desktop.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, depending on the service it'll probably be a big hassle to get it into iTunes if it has any DRM. What service? Do the files play in WMP? If they do, try burning an audio CD in WMP and then reimporting it back into iTunes. Of course, this will be a pain in the arse if you have lots of tracks and limited blank CDs. :eek:

5. Rajanna thread starter macrumors newbie

The music service is allofmp3; and as far as I know they do not have any DRM. Do you think I should re-install itunes as it imports after I reboot and open itunes without opening any other programs? By the way thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't know anything about that service but an iTunes reinstall might help. In the meantime, check whether the tracks can play in QuickTime. Generally speaking, if they can play in QuickTime then they should be able to play in iTunes unless something is wrong with the iTunes app. :)

7. Rajanna thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. I will reinstall iTunes.