iTunes games problem UK store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ben Kei, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Ben Kei macrumors regular

I am having a problem with the UK iTunes store.

I have downloaded the Texas Hold 'Em game which is great.. but when I first head about the games I was really pleased to see they had licenced Cubis 2.
    It's a good fun game and a great time passer thatnever got a native Mac release.. only online play.

The problem is, I can't buy it! in fact, I can't even access the page... I just get a pop-up that says to check my internet connection or try again later.
    It's been doing this since Thursday, now it's Sunday.. now I know it can't be THAT popular!

It's the one game out of all of them I want the most and the one that I can't even view in the store.

Can someone else who uses the iTunes UK store check and see if it's a link problem their end or something strange here please?

Thanks!

Ben

2. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular

3. Gee macrumors 65816

I get the same thing. Must be an error - email 'em.

4. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for checking for me..

You would have thought with games being their new toy they would actually make sure the downloads worked!
    I'm sure most downloads of the games will have happened in the first week and they've managed to even screw that up.. ho hum.

5. RPP macrumors member

RPP

It's not just the UK, I'm in Australia and get the same error.

6. Machead III macrumors 6502

Machead III

lol! I have had the same problem. I've been trying to buy Cubis 2 for about 4 days but that stupid message keeps popping up.

btw Zuma rocks.

7. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like Apple screwed up royally here.

Either they pushed it out too early and have 'temporarily disabled' it or they really don't know how to look after their store properly.

Ho ho.. never mind, we'll get it eventually.

I e-mailed them yesterday, I'll post up the 'official line' if and when I get a reply.

Ben

8. iflipper macrumors member

for the record the same thing happened to me. Not that I have a 5g ipod to play it on, but I love cubis on my palm PDA and wanted to know more.

9. Machead III macrumors 6502

Machead III

10. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

iTMS is full of broken links, duplicate entries, empty albums and typos, I suppose it's not surprising given the volume of content, but still a bit disappointing.

11. Ben Kei thread starter macrumors regular

So about 72 hours later..

"Dear Ben,

Thank you for contacting the iTunes Store. My name is Erica and I will be helping you today. Thank you for your email with feedback for improving our business practices and products. The iTunes Store team recognizes that our best advice comes from our customers and we appreciate the efforts you have made to share your opinion with us.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your time and patience while we sort this matter out.

The problem should be resolved in the next two week.

Thank you once again.

Have a great day."

haha.. snappy. 2 weeks to point a link at the right file?
    I personally think something is going on with the product.. a legal issue between Apple and the developers or something.. it doesn't take anyone 2 weeks to fix a link.