iTunes (Get CD Track Names)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wakerider017, Feb 21, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

I can not get this feature to work.

This message shows up everytime...

I DID import with iTunes. Not sure what this means...

[​IMG]

2. 66217 Guest

Not entirely sure, but I think you need to import the songs from the original CD. There are other apps (not from Apple) that let you retrieve artist, album, etc. But they aren't very precise.

3. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Yup, I think you are spot on.

New question...

Is there anyway I can burned the ripped content (.mp3's) to a DVD and trick iTunes into thinking I imported it?

With a DVD I could do like 800 songs at a time. (I have about 1600 songs in my library.)

4. 66217 Guest

Again, not sure. But I don't thinks so. When you burn the songs you are burning them with incomplete info, so iTunes won't be able to find the song at Gracenote CDDB when you insert the burned CD.

My best recommendation would be to make it yourself:eek: I know it sounds impossible, but if you make 20 songs per day maybe you'll finish some day:p

That's what I've been doing, I search the song in the iTunes Music Store and get all the info. You can make the process faster by selecting the Mini Store or putting links to iTunes Store (select it in Preference).

5. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

In my experience, CDs which I've burned in iTunes will show up with all track information when inserted into the same machine which made it.

Don't know about DVDs, though.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't know if this will help you any, but you might try checking out IEatBrainz.

Use it to pick some songs from your iTunes library and it will sample the first so-many-seconds of each song, compare it to a database, and returns the track info for what it thinks the song is. If that info is correct, you can have it update the track info in iTunes.

For popular music, it's almost always right.