iTunes gift card troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by katie ta achoo, Jul 25, 2005.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

So, I get to help someone with their iPod shuffle, and they don't have a computer.
    OH JOY.

Anywhoo, I get to do all the music for them, they got the AA battery pack, so I don't have to charge it for her (yay)

but onto the giftcard stuff...

She got two $15 cards to get iTunes with. the first one worked awesomely, we got $15 of music, bla bla blah.

So, today, she gives me a list of songs and the code to the other card. I enter the code, it goes in adds it to my account, and I start to look for the music she wants.
    iTunes freezes (shh.. I was running like 30 things at once, haha), so I force-close it.
    I reopen iTunes and.. instead of the $17.01 that should be there, it's back to $2.01... I try to reenter the code, but it tells me that it's already been entered.

Is there any way to solve this without calling Apple? Getting to explain this to them would be hella fun, you know? I know that if I call apple, they can pull up my account details, including the time I put the card on, and what I "bought"(DIDN'T get to), then my current balance.
    Being on hold while the phone tech laughs at someone getting and iPod without having a computer will be great...

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Could my local favorite genius do it for me?

2. jonat8 macrumors regular

Did you try logging out of the account and then back in to refresh the balance display?

3. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

That did it!

I feel so stupid.. I never knew I could logout/login on iTunes.

Cool! Thanks!!

4. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Incidentally, your friend could get the $30 Apple USB charger for the shuffle. It's certainly a better option than AA batteries over the long haul. And in the future, if he/she gets an iPod or iPod mini, it can be used with it as well.

Batteries are expensive and extremely wasteful. I'm just ranting now.

ft

5. spacefreak4 macrumors member

And maybe the friend could get a computer too... Just a thought...

6. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Can u give someone Gift Certificates if they're not in the iTunes Music Store region? I mean their country doesn't have the an iTunes Music Store but they can browse music and listen to previews..will they be able to download them if i were to give them a Gift Certificate for iTunes Music Store?

7. jonat8 macrumors regular

Yes but they'll have to register an account with an address that is inside the region but if you redeem a gift cert you don't have to input a credit card.

8. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

She said that if she gets all As this semester *fingers crossed* her grandparents may look into getting a computer for her.
    I went on and on about the Mac mini. I even have a display, KB, and mouse to give to her.

I'm not pushing it that hard, hahaha.

Starting at $500, aww ya. one-time setup, and I let her roll with it. Rock!

*crosses fingers* omg, please get all As!!