iTunes giveaway hack!!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 1macker1, Feb 20, 2004.

1. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You still have a one in three chance. Honestly I don't know that a ton of people will do it. I know about it but I'm too lazy to do it. Obviously I don't represent any percentage of people but I'm certain there are a decent amount of folk out there that are not going to go this route. Not even for ethical reasons. Just laziness reasons. That and my Pepsi comes out of a soda machine. Tipping the soda machine 25 degrees will get me killed. I'll pay my $.99 a song instead thank you very much... :)

I think one thing to note however is that this has certainly been doable before on various other promotions. The fact that this promotion is getting "hacked" in a nation wide media sense is good I think in that it shows the popularity of the promotion and iTunes.

4. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Shame he gets the credit when he probably picked it up here.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You still gotta buy the $1.29 pepsi to get the $.99 song. I'd rather just spend the $.99 and not have to drink that crap.:p

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Exactly! And I bought one winning Pepsi can just to play and that will be it for me. :D

D

7. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Yes, but there is a major "cool factor" with entering a code into iTunes without using a credit card.:p

8. xthree macrumors newbie

Haha, so true!

9. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

Penn State Student

i olny pay 1.19 for the sdoa and pespi is the only soda they sell so i guess i am stuck plus i can tip the bottle to see the cap they don't really care that mcuh aobut it

10. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

True, but around here they're $.79-$.99 for a Pepsi. And I like Pepsi, so it's a win-win situation.

11. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

Well, some of us drink pepsi with our meals, and so would be buying it anyway. I drink at least one soda (sometimes more) every day, so personally it doesn't cost me anything extra to participate in the giveaway.

Now if they would only get the contest bottles in stock here...

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well I would assume some of you like Pepsi, or they wouldn't sell it at all! I just won't be running out to pay money for something I don't like just to get a one-in-three chance of winning a $.99 song. But if you drink it daily anyway... just make sure you go see your dentist regularly!;)

13. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Ha, I still win

I have never bought soda just for a promotion; but I was waiting for the iTunes Pepsi bottles. When I first spotted one at the corner store near work, I went to the case, took a bottle and immediately tilted it to see if it was a winner: it was not, but the second one was. Hoenstly, if you want free stuff, this should be intuitive: you shouldn't have to be told how to do it by some Mac Geek.

I get lunch expensed by my employer: so guess what? I don't pay for my two daily diet Pepsis (although I prefer Coke) and so far I have bought 18 bottles, and have 18 winners. Nice.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I just wish we had a few of these bottles, I live in last in the Nation South Carolina and have not seen 1 bottle yet in my grocery store. we also dont have 1 Apple Store.

15. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah yeah...

There are ways to get around every contest...

If you study anything long enough there will be a pattern and there will be a way to crack it.

soon someone will find a way to generate winning free download codes...

:rolleyes:

16. neut macrumors 68000

neut

Re: Ha, I still win

dude, i wanna' work there. ;) so where do you work and how'd you convince your employer to absorb the cost of lunch?

it's too bad MD isn't in the promo... i'd have a few albums already.

peace.

17. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Re: Re: Ha, I still win

Actually it started quite simply; I work for a small entertainment company as technical director; I also double as the in-house graphics artist. I was very busy at one point last year: and the producer said I could order lunch from the nearby restaurants and he'd reimburse me. Well, I got tired of the food around there, and got less busy: but I kept the little perk: although I now mostly get just drinks and deli sandwiches. I work for some cool people.

18. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

at my school the pepsi's are $1 even, no tax. still good news for pepsi though, now people may go buy more since they know they can win. pepsi's goal isnt to rip people off or anything.

iJon

19. AngryLawnGnome macrumors regular

There's gonna be a lot of old Pepsi sitting around with "Try Again." I'm gonna stick to water.