itunes help please :S

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VespR, Apr 18, 2005.

1. VespR macrumors regular

It would appear I've done something to my iTunes settings and now suddenly where you have the column of "Song Name", somehow I've managed to untick every song. So now when I'm playing music, it never goes to the next track. I was wondering if there is a way to retick every song rather than me go through my entire library of over 3000 tracks "clicking the ticks".

Help would be most appreciated !

thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you hold down the Apple key when you click one of the blue boxes, it will affect all visible songs. So try that in Library, with (all) selected for all fields, so that all your music is "visible." :)

3. VespR thread starter macrumors regular

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Heehee, thanks! :D Glad it worked. I never knew actually that having the buttons clicked or not clicked had this impact, until you pointed it out...hmmm...that's actually kind of irritating, and I don't see a way to disable it. Right now, I use the check boxes to prevent some music from going onto my iPod, because I have too many songs. :( But this makes listening to those songs on iTunes rather difficult, doesn't it? :(

5. hob macrumors 68020

hob

I use these boxes to check off songs that I like, and have, but don't want to listen to all the time. I manage my iPod totally manually, nothing gets on there I don't want to!!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Maybe try updating by playlists instead? You could mark all the currently ticked songs with a specific comment or something and then create a smart playlist to keep them together. Then all you have to do is plug in the iPod and it'll update the right songs whilst leaving you with a fully functional library. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No, no, that's a possibility. Thanks! :) OTOH, the fact that my iPod went full a month or two ago and I'm just now noticing this side-effect of the way I sync it says that, at the moment, it isn't such a big deal. :rolleyes: