iTunes help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by taurean, Jan 4, 2007.

1. taurean macrumors newbie

hi all,

I have a mac and would like to play songs from a windows machine in the network. I have shared the music folder in the Windows machine and when i try play a song from the shared folder, I see it gets copied to .m3a format in my mac.

Can't I just play the mp3 songs without anything copied to my mac ?.

Also, few more questions ::

a) how do i look at the properties of a file or a folder (similar to right click - PROPERTIES) on windows

b) Can I configure the track pad for clicks (similar to pc notebooks).

~Thanks

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

.m3a files are just playlist-type files...they allow your iTunes program to see and play the item on the other computer. It's not actually copying the files. But I don't usually see those things pop up when I play shared music, so I'm not sure what's going on.

As for the properties issue, what you're looking for is "Get Info." This can be reached in a number of ways...right click or control-click on the file and choose it from the contextual menu, or click once on the file to select it and then hit Command-I or choose "Get Info" from Finder's File menu.

And trackpad setup is taken care of in System Preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse.

3. Gee macrumors 65816

a) how do i look at the properties of a file or a folder (similar to right click - PROPERTIES) on windows

'Get info' from the file menu, or Control-click and select 'get info'

b) Can I configure the track pad for clicks (similar to pc notebooks).

You mean so you can double tap the pad rather than the button? System Preferences, Keyboard and Mouse