itunes hidden files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drummerbooker14, Jul 27, 2006.

1. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

in the library of itunes at the bottom of the application, it says there are 17.13 GB worth of files, but my itunes folder says that it is only around 15.54 GB worth of files. are there music files that don't go to the itunes folder. or do non authorized files not go intop the itunes folder i am saying this because i am transferring all of my music through External hard drive to another computer and i don't want to lose anything. THx
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. moot macrumors regular

strange - I have the opposite situation (probably normal)

Maybe you have music in your library but the original file has been deleted. This sometimes happens with podcasts. They get deleted from the folder but for some reason still remain in the iTunes library. Of course, if you try ton play it then iTunes will recognize the problem and be unable to find the file.

Just a thought. Maybe not true.

3. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Another possibility is that you have music stored in other places. Try choosing advanced->consolidate library in iTunes and then see if the sizes match.

4. drummerbooker14 thread starter macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

yep it was that podcasts have been deleted but not within itunes. thanks much:D :D