iTunes, how to change number of the songs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Nov 14, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Im running Snow Leopard. I ripped some CDs to my Mac, but I would like to change the number besides them. This is in "Music" under "Library", not in a playlist. I will post a picture to illustrate the problem, using the 007 soundtrack as example:

The song "Thunderball" is listed as number 12, and I would like to change it to number 4, in order to illustrated the order the movies were released. (If you are familiar with 007 you will actually notice most songs are in a incorrect order.)

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

You'll have to do it by creating a Playlist for that album. You can then re-order them as you wish.

You can only change the order in the Music view by choosing a column; ie, time, date imported, last played etc.

3. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's likely listed in order of track numbers, which you can change to your liking. Then if you sort Music by Track Number or by Album, they will be in order of the track numbers that you have entered. There's no need to create a playlist, unless you want to.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

How do I change the track numbers? Im a experienced user and tried to do it with no success

5. macrumors 601

Get Info on the track and update the metadata fields as desired.

I'd use a playlist but how to handle this sort of thing is a subjective matter.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL