iTunes, HP and.... starbucks??

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mrjamin, Mar 13, 2004.

1. asif3 macrumors member

Presumably this will be using the new hp-iTunes service? HP wouldnt use a service other than theirs in a deal like this surely?

It would be really cool if they announce that you can like bring your HP-iPod into the store and add the songs via that :cool:

Not that I live in the US, but hey I still live on Starbucks Coffee :D

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I think this is something different. I heard about this last week but it didn't mention anything about HP being involves. It's a service where you choose songs and have it burnt onto a CD while you drink your coffee. Nothing really to do with digital downloads. It will probably be an entry to test the waters before moving into the music download arena, where they might JUST possibly partner with Apple/HP and go the AAC route?!

3. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

Very pricy also. I didn't see anything relating to iTunes in the article. guess HP is trying to make a dent in an untapped area. kinda like going to Barnes & Noble and reading books in the cafe while having a latté then never buying the book. But $6.95 for 5 songs? I'd rather sit down and browse iTunes with maybe with a discount coupon from Starbucks (you know a little punch card that gives you 10% off 10 songs after 10 cups of java) and download digital, and call it "iStarbucks".

4. mrjamin thread starter macrumors 65816

mrjamin

one would assume that HP wouldn't set up their own/use another music service after striking such a huge deal with apple! Story sounds like BS to me

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

For that money, I'd be able to buy the real CD :confused: