iTunes ID and MobileMe ID Confusion

Discussion in 'iCloud and Apple Services' started by RDowson, Jun 19, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

RDowson

Hi

I know there have been other similar threads but I'm still confused! :confused:

I have an iTunes ID where the username is my yahoo email address and a MobileMe ID where the username is my @me.com email address.

When iCloud is released how will these 2 accounts migrate so that I can get my Apps, Books, Notes, etc to sync and also keep my @me.com email address?

I'm sure someone using the iOS 5 beta will know.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

2. macrumors 6502a

You sign in with both. I share your frustration, it does't make sense that my official iTunes account is the only account that doesn't use my MobileMe.

3. macrumors 6502a

Psilocybin

Us devs don't know for sure how the migration will work. But right now we can't migrate I am using 2 different accounts on my iPhone

4. macrumors 65816

maclaptop

As a software engineer, I wonder why Apple seems to sit back leaving things like this in limbo. The impression they leave is very suspect.

5. macrumors member

There right answer is we don't know yet and "this fall" is a long time away on dev terms. But you could always change your Apple ID that's used with iTunes and "merge" the 2 yourself.

I suspect that Apple will address the issue of 2 or more ID's by release, though.

6. macrumors G3

There is no manual merging of 2 IDs. If the person changed from the Yahoo ID to the MobileMe ID in iTunes, the purchase history would not transition over.

Hopefully they will. It's rather overdue.