iTunes import sound issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cgnjny, Oct 14, 2004.

1. cgnjny macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2004
    Hi all

As much as I LOVE iTunes for its all-around integration of snazzy looks and tight feature-set, I have had problems with importing some CD's following the AAC conversion process. Several of my music files have erroneous artifacts and sound clicks, pops, skips, etc.

I am running the latest iTunes and have error correction on as well. It's not a major problem, but I play the CD's on other players and they are fine.

FYI - I'm running an older iBook with 384 megs, 600 mhz, Panther.

I also have Toast installed.

Is there any way to "tweak" any settings to avoid sound errors? Would Toast fare better for importing?

I really would like to avoid re-purchasing or re-downloading specific tracks because of these errors.

2. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Sep 22, 2004
    Are you sure it's an import issue and not a play issue?

i.e. have you tried playing the AAC tracks on another device such as an iPod?

Have you tried importing at a lower bit rate?

good luck
  3. cgnjny thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2004
    I noticed the pops and clicks on my computer and on my iPod.

I didn't try the lower-bit rate -- I don't want to completely sacrifice file quality for it. Do you suggest going to 64?
  4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Sep 22, 2004
    I would try a few different bitrates and encoders to give myself a few more clues on the source of the noise.
  5. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Jun 18, 2004
    Have use tried importing from CDs using error correction (checkbox under importing preferences)?
  6. coconn06 macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2003
    King of Prussia, PA
    My guess is that he has error correction on. ;)
  7. voulisick macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2007
    iTunes Problem

I am having the same problem as well. When I import songs, there are some, maybe 1 per CD that has this clicking issue. When I put the CD into a cd player, there is no clicking on the particular track, and the CD is in good condition.

I have 7.6, and imported 21 CD's yesterday with all of them with the "Error Correct" option turned on. Now I am trying it with it turned off.

I also called Apple today, and they said, "Try importing maybe three CD's at a go,then give the Superdrive a brake, and then continue with another three"