iTunes Import Wrong Order

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HelixOmnimedia, Dec 27, 2006.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello,

I created a Data DVD with all my songs that i had in iTunes. Now when I insert the disc it appears in iTunes, When i click and drag either the whole selection (only 957 songs) or just individual albums, they import into the main library but in the wrong order.

Its mainly sorted via Date Added, meaning the oldest is at the bottom, newest at the top. But even then everything is scrambled.

Sorry if its confusing.
    Any ideas on how to sort this?
    THANKS

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding you, but how were your songs sorted before? The songs are importing back with all their ID3 content -- album name, track name, artist, etc -- right?

If you want it sorted by album, you ... erm... click the album header and it will sort by album. It's dynamic. As far as I know, there's no important static ordering to the iTunes library.

3. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Yes that's correct, everything like that appears.

Most of the albums i have are soundtracks from movies and a couple from broadway shows. These need to be in order, as they now have gapless playback - flowing from one to another.

But when they're imported back into iTunes, they're out of order. even when i select SORT BY: album, or track number, they're still out of play order.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you please show me a picture of this?

5. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

I restarted my computer and relaunched iTunes, and everything seems to be in the correct order. I have no idea what caused it, but it seems to be working perfect now.

Thanks for helping.

6. GraemeTunes macrumors newbie

Date Added mixed up track fixer.

"Its mainly sorted via Date Added, meaning the oldest is at the bottom, newest at the top. But even then everything is scrambled."

If you need to add tunes again in future, try this: http://graemebell.net/tools/software/add-my-tunes - it's a free open source tool for itunes.

It adds tunes so that when you sort by date added you also get them sorted by album and artist and track order.

hope this helps