iTunes importing songs in reverse

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OnceUGoMac, May 14, 2006.

1. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I've been purchasing songs via the iTunes Music Store like a madman and I noticed that the songs are being downloaded in reverse, causing the track order to be off. However, in the iTunes Folder (on an external HD) the track order is correct. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? :confused:

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Are you sorting by date added OnceUGoMac? From the Aus music store they download as per the order of the track.

3. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Thanks for the quick response! When I click "buy album" it starts downloading the last song first, causing the track number to be in reverese. Let me find a screnshot...

Edit: Screenshots

Picture 1 shows the order that iTunes is importing as Picture 2 shows the correct order in the Music Folder. Apologies for the size.

Picture 1
    [​IMG]

Picture 2
    [​IMG]

4. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

For those that have viewed this thread, Apple Tech Support is clueless as well. Oh well, it's an easy fix, just odd.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Just an aside, but the column you are sorting on in the Boston playlist is not the track number. It's the "Play Order". Add "Track #" to the view, sort by it and then "Copy to Play Order" to set things teh way you want them.

I'm not on a Mac now so posting screenshots won't help.

B

6. OnceUGoMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

That's too difficult. I just clicked on the triangle to reverse it back in the correct order. :p

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW I've seen cases where the tracks are imported in mixed order so a simple reversal doesn't do the trick. (seems to happen to me where one track is particularly larger or smaller than the rest).

Just remember that column isn't the track #, there's different column for that.

B