iTunes Installed On Work PC But Not Working As It Should.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Grayburn, Jan 25, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

Grayburn

I recently got a friend in IT to install iTunes 10.0.1.22 on my work PC as it is blocked and can't be installed by us mere mortals.
    Now, it finds my iPhone 4 but i cant edit anything on it such as the info of a track/s or the album art.Nor can i add any music to it.

I have authorized the phone to work with the PC but am now stumped and not sure what i can do next :confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

Grayburn

It also doesn't back up or sync :confused:

3. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

I'm pretty sure that is has to do with that PC being locked. There are multiple applications installed with iTunes, and most of them get loaded at startup. I bet that it has something to do with permissions, but that is just a guess.

4. macrumors 68040

eastercat

What's wrong with your personal computer? As JamesMB wrote, it's probably a permissions issue. I don't know why you want to load your personal info, music, photos, etc onto your work computer, but this is a bad idea. This is the sort of thing people can get fired over.
    If you don't own a computer, get a cheap netbook and bring it to work to sync with instead.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Grayburn

Nothings wrong with my PC at home i just want to be able to add and manage my music on my work PC.

6. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

FWIW...Even if you do get it to work, just remember that if the machine is networked, other people will have access to your data.

7. macrumors regular

fortunecookie

Maybe your work pc has a group policy that disables certain services needed by itunes. Best to consult your IT guy/girl.

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

Grayburn

Very good points.

9. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

I forgot to mention, and you might already know this, but there is software that will "open" an iTunes backup, and as soon as you sync your phone to that machine, a lot more is available than just a few photos and some tunes.

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

Grayburn

Nice to know but not needed at the moment.

Could you post or PM the details?

11. macrumors 65816

JamesMB

Whether you need it is not the point that I was trying to make. The point is that other people would have complete access to any data that you currently have on your phone, that was synced to a networked computer.
    http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-manager.htm

12. thread starter macrumors 65816

Grayburn

Okay point taken, nothing has been backed up so i'm alright there.

And thanks the link, i'll check that out soon...cheers.