iTunes integration in iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slackersonly, Jun 5, 2006.

1. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

I am working on my first iWeb set of pages on my new iMac. Gotta love the ease of the templates however I like to make it as individualistic as possible.

I saw in the iWeb help that you can 'mount' a song to any picture. All my songs are in iTunes. I follow the instruction to add the song and it works great...for me. Anyone else who views my iWeb pages and clicks on the play button get a 'you are authorized for this iTunes song' warning.

I am guessing that this is one of the complex iTunes 'laws' that I have violated.

My question is: how do I add songs that others can play? Seems odd that iWeb suggests something that conflicts with iTunes.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I think you have to link in tunes which are not DRM'd - i.e., ones which anyone can download and play, such as public domain clips, things you did with GarageBand, etc.

3. slackersonly thread starter macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

iWeb help should really mention that somehow. i really really doubt that anyone would listen to a whole song. is it possible/legal to use garageband to save just a 5-10 second part of a song and then put that in iWeb for everyone to access (similar to iTunes preview).

also, what about songs that i did not purchase through iTunes. 80% of my iTunes collection was imported from my real cd collection. does iTunes protect all imported songs the say way as purchased songs?

4. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

Your allowed to use 30 seconds.
    ..and DRM are only on the songs your purchased through iTunes. All your imported music from your cd collection is DRM free.

5. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

But that doesn't make it legally publishable, though.