iTunes interface has become too cluttered

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by supergod, Apr 23, 2006.

1. supergod macrumors 6502

I've noticed that with the last two revisions, iTunes has gotten a bit "busy". For example, notice that there are no less than 8 "buttons" along the bottom of the interface.

The whole experience is still fairly simple, but with the number of options now, there are still many parts that should be cleaned up and simplified. Here's hoping that Apple will actually start focusing more on simple interface in iTunes in a further update, although obviously they probably won't have another iTunes until a really significant technological reason comes along (except for that weirdness where they released 6.0 only like a month after 5.0)

2. 66217 Guest

I agree.

Specially the left panel. There are a lot of buttons. And you can only disable 2.

And I don't like the idea of deleting the playlists of (90's music, recently added and those ones). Because I don't know if in a future I would like to put them again.

Can you add them again if you delete them?

3. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

yes, you can add them back, add 'smart playlist' that's all.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

5. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Just take a look at Windows Media Player 10 for Windows and you'll feel better :)

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I disagree that it's cluttered. The buttons are perfectly sized, and well spaced. If you want to see cluttered, look at Winamp (especially the versions before 5)

7. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I think its fine too, but arguing that something is good based on an alternative isn't really good logic.

8. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I think iTunes should have a major interface change - there are so many secrets in the program that its impossible to navagate efficiently.

9. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

personally i think the interface is very straight forward. my only complaint is it dosnt seem as powerfull as other music apps such as winamp, or windows media player. Id like there to be more options for fine tuning things.

10. NicP macrumors 6502

care to elaborate?