iTunes & iPhoto libraries

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Sep 6, 2005.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I have my hard disc partitioned into two - 20gig and 50gig. My main partition is the 50gig one. I have complete Tiger 10.4.2 systems on both partitions.

What I'd like to do is when I boot up on the 20gig disc - and launch iTunes / iPhoto, I'd like them to use the songs and photos on my 50gig disc - this is to save space by not having copies of each on both discs.

Is this possible, and if so how?

thanks all :)

2. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

1: iPhoto- Launch while holding down the option key. You'll get a dialog asking you to select an iPhoto library. Select the pictures/iPhoto Library on your 50 gig partition. If this folder is not available you should get the option to create it.

2: iTunes- go into the preferences menu and select the advanced tab. Within here you can choose to select the iTunes library default location.

Just outta curiosity what is your reason for having two partitions, with identical Operating systems on them? Good luck :)

3. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I use the 20 gig as a secondary boot disc in case anything goes wrong on my primary disc - it has proved itself useful on a few ( but crucial!! ) occasions - I keep a full suiite of diagnostic / repair programs on both partitions.

Thanks for the tips - I'll try them out :D