iTunes/iPhoto with multiple users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iriejedi, May 8, 2005.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    I was trying to play with the new dual user features and I wanted to know if both iTunes and iPhoto can share the same master file between two users on same computer.

So that when user 'A' buys a song and user 'B' loads iTunes the new song is there without the need to 'share'. I know in that both apps share on a network but since this is a single there a 'need' t share

For example with iPhoto if logged in as user 'B' I can see User A's library even but each time it has to go through the 'act' of importing/downloading them as if it was from a remote site - very tedious with nearly 5000 photos.

So my question is can these applications be booted up and the system ignor who is logged in and treat both user A and user B as a single computer (which they are) instead as unique users modeling a remote network set up (ie two computers) :confused: .

I hope this makes sense.

2. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

These questions interest me as well. This is definetly an area that OSX needs some simplier user interface to manage multiple accounts on the same machine.
  3. JohnnyA macrumors newbie

Jun 20, 2005
    IN, USA
    Here 1 of the answers

Had the same question regarding iTunes and this thread has answers: newbie question: multiple users on my iMac

I just started fiddling w/ iPhoto today and now have the same question regarding sharing libraries between muliple users on the same computer...