Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
I just gave my 3G iPod to my brother in law (ordering a Photo to go along with my Shuffle...). Prior to giving it to him I used the updater's restore function to clean out the iPod.

He's got an iBook 1.33, OS X.3.7 and iTunes 4.7.1. He plugged in the iPod and it named the iPod and transferred songs to the iPod. Then for some reason, the iPod blanked out and no longer has any music on it. Now, when he plugs in the iPod, iTunes launches then dies right away and asks if he wants to file a bug report with Apple.

Any thoughts on why this might be happenning? We restarted the iPod, we restarted the iBook, no help. I told him to try re-installing iTunes 4.7.1 and download the updater to try and re-restore the iPod again.

Not sure what might have happened...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who's interested

The problem was solved by using the iPod updater's 'restore' function and then starting fresh with iTunes. All appears to be well now. We think he might have pulled the firewire cable before ejecting the iPod. Corrupted the iPod somehow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.