iTunes/iPod not updating properly

Discussion in 'iPod' started by killuminati, Jul 31, 2006.

1. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I have a 30GB iPod and my library has now gone over so I set my iPod to just (automatically) update all the music and no videos or photos.

According to iTunes my music library is 26.43 GB and I know the iPod holds 27.xx GB. Also on my iPod in the source list, it shows the iPod as having 950 MB available except when I try and update it, it says that the iPod can't hold my library and asks if iTunes should automatically select songs for me. I don't get how it's showing all that extra space but not updating/using it all.

How can I get it to fill up?

Thanks,

2. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

I was hoping somebody might have a suggestion by this morning. I really don't want to have to leave home without a full ipod today.

And no suggestion is too dumb for me, I'll try anything.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

By any chance do you have disk mode enabled, and have files stored that could be taking up that much space?

I've never had my iPod tell me I had available space and then not let me add up to that limit.

4. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

Yea, disk mode was enabled, but I didn't have any files on it. I thought I would turn it off just in case but no luck.

I'm gonna try restoring it and then starting over. I just hope an hour is enough time for it to copy all my music back over.

5. killuminati thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

Well that didn't end up working. It still wouldn't let me put everything on, so I had to let it make a playlist for me. And I didn't have time to let it sit through the whole thing so now I'm stuck with just artists A-J -_-.