iTunes/iPod/TV Show sync question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by leftbanke7, Feb 7, 2007.

1. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

I have some DVDs of various TV shows that I have converted for the iPod via HandBrake. After importing them into iTunes, I clicked the tab so they all went into the TV Shows playlist like they should. However, when I go to sync them to my iPod, I have to put them on manually because for some reason none of the TV shows are listed under the TV Show tab in the iPod screen. There are movies (also converted via HB) listed under the movies tab and I can set them up to be automatically synced. The only reason I ask is because since I have to manually sync my TV shows, iTunes forces me to manually sync everything. It won't let you manually sync TV shows and automatically sync music and movies. It's an all or nothing, and frankly quite annoying, deal.

Is it due to the file type HB uses (I convert them into mp4s)? It is something else? Any help on this would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance.

2. mrfett macrumors newbie

mrfett

i'm having the same issue of the TV Show tab not showing all my shows (specifically the ones i ripped myself). i ripped with VisualHub. interestingly, iTunes does seem to be syncing the shows when i select "Sync all unwatched" even though nothing is displayed in the box below. strange...

3. mrfett macrumors newbie

mrfett

the answer for me was to include info in the "Artist" and "Album Artist" fields. i already had info in the season, episode, show, and genre fields (i think genre has to be "TV Shows". try that, hope it helps.

4. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

That was the magic ticket. Thanks a ton!