iTunes: "iPod Update is Complete"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ClarkeB, Mar 19, 2005.

1. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

This little annoying screen that shows in the area that should show the track title, album, etc. when I'm playing a song is really bothering me. I hate having to play that little play button on the left of the little area to see how far into a song I am. This only started shoing up when I got my iPod shuffle...is there any way to turn it off?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

eject your ipod and it will go away, simple as that

3. ClarkeB thread starter macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

Yeah, but I always keep my iPod connected to my computer, I play my tracks off there, etc. Plus I have a ton of files on my iPod hard drive... :confused:

4. Quark macrumors regular

A single click will switch it...

In the same area that has that message shown, there should be a little arrow to the left.

Click that little arrow and it will cycle through several displays:
    (not necessarily in this order)
    1. audio output levels display for left/right channels
    2. song name
    3. album name
    4. artist name
    5. song duration
    6. song scrolling
    7. time remaining to end of song

I don't recall the specifics, as I am away from my Mac :(

But you can click on the arrow, then click on the Album name, song name, etc. and it will cycle through all kinds of stuff.

Have fun and I hope this solves the issue that you are trying to address.

Take care,
    Quark (DS9)

5. ClarkeB thread starter macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

Yeah...but I don't really feel like having to click to see the song title, etc. Why do they need that for the shuffle (it goes away when i eject my shuff)

6. Quark macrumors regular

Send Apple some feedback

Ah, now I fully understand the issue. I'm not sure why it stays up in the display area and doesn't go away. It sounds like a nice and easy enhancement for Apple to implement.

I didn't realize that this was happening. I have found that the entire system slows down quite a bit when the iPod remains connected (something that will be solved in the next major upgrade to both iTunes and the iPod connectivity). So I just connect to sync and then eject and then physically disconnect the iPod.

Here's an idea to try out. With the iPod connected and iTunes open, go into the iTunes preferences and modify the iPod options so that it doesn't automatically sync. Set it to manual sync and that may (I'm just taking a shot in the dark here) resolve the issue.

I hope that this doesn't discourage you too much from using and enjoying iTunes and the iPod.

Please post any workarounds that you find for this issue. I am interested to see the results of this. I am sure that the next major release, if not a small interim update, will address this issue. Just please be sure to submit feedback to Apple.

Take care,
    Quark

7. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

The correct options on WINDOWS, i don't know about Macs but I guess its the same thing:

Arrow (Left):

Now Playing Info
    Audio Output

When in Now Playing Info, the Arrow on the Right sends you to the library/playlist the song is in

When in Now Playing Info, click the Song Name/Album Name/Artist to cycle through the three

Click the Time to see Elapsed Time, Total Time, Remaining Time

To remove the iPod thing, you can eject the iPod

To make it now show up, open up a different playlist when mounting iPod. Then in Library it shouldn't show up as iPod Update Complete

8. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

Can someone tell me if I'm disconnecting my mini iPod connectly. I press eject in iTunes after the mini says charged. Then quit iTunes and unplug the firewire cable.