Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Penman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
I have a couple of CD's (our of a few thousand) that my G4 PB (1.5/17) and my external CDRW won't read. In fact neither drive will mount either of these discs.

They both play fine on any other CD player I can find and neither is labled with any copy protection. Any ideas? One has Quicktime and other media on the disc - is that the problem? Can I get my PB to think more like a PC? I want to get these b*stards into iTunes.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I had this issue with about three CDs out of my ~250. I couldn't figure it out and so I finally ripped them on my PC and transferred them over. One two of the CDs, only one or two tracks refused to work, but consistently the same tracks. One was OMD's greatest hits and the other was...ummm...now I forget.

And the other case was weird too. Sunset Boulevard's first disc rips fine but its second disc gets all kinds of static. Actually haven't remembered to fix that one yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.