iTunes Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CubaTBird, Apr 3, 2005.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

How come sometimes when I want to copy a song from my iTunes library, I select the song and drag it out to the Finder but then it doesn't copy over? Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt.. :confused:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

There's a limit to just how much you can copy. I'm not sure how many megabytes it is but I'm pretty sure it halves each time you break it. But this shouldn't really matter if you're just copying one song. Do the ones that won't move have DRM encryption or something?

3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

no its actually the non drm songs that don't copy over... like ill select 20 of em.. and drag em to a folder and nothing happens... but then if i select 20 drm songs they will copy over >_<

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I think they may do this to prevent music copying. What I do is click on the song file in iTunes, right-click or control-click, and choose Show Song File. This opens a Finder window with the song selected, which you can copy anywhere.

Lee Tom

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Really? :eek: And does it ever go back?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah it does eventually but I haven't worked out how it happens - whether it's a restart of iTunes, restart of the Mac or whether it's based on time or something. I'm not positive about the 'half' part but it certainly decreases. I've had it drop to the point that I couldn't even drag a small 5 second clip out of iTunes. It really sucks and I really hope they alleviate it in the next update because it makes syncing libraries much much harder.