Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marka87uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2011
Since upgrading to Lion, iTunes keeps mysteriously opening by itself!

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? :confused:

I don't have any iTunes widgets, no iPod is plugged in (or ever has been), and the play button on the keyboard is not being pressed...

marka87uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2011
Randomly... At first I thought it might be me hitting the play button by accident or something, but nope I was just sitting here and it loaded up by itself again. It doesn't begin playing anything; it just opens and stays behind the other windows.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Go to Users & Groups under System Preferences.
There, select your account and switch to the "Login Item" tab.
Deselect iTunes, but not iTunes Helper.

kreach

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2010
A question first : Does it happen when you are in front of the mac or at other times too?

One problem i faced was with the ext speakers connected; My foot was hitting the connecting wire which was dangling, and that seemed to start itunes;
The ext mic or speaker wire if loose, does create this problem.

Other reports have been made with USB Hubs and other attachments;

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
Un-plug and replugging in your external speakers/headphones seem to work for me. iTunes has a weird tendency of opening randomly if the 3.5mm audio jack is disturbed in a certain way.

marka87uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2011
Cheers guys, actually that make sense as I just recently replaced the output cable to my amplifier for a splitter cable in order to use headphones too, so I guess that was the cause! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.