iTunes keeps opening itself up on my girlfriend's computer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amphibious, Feb 4, 2006.

1. amphibious macrumors member

Mar 30, 2005
    I'm not really all that Mac savvy... iTunes keeps opening itself up every couple minutes. I quit it, then a couple minutes it's open again. If Firefox is maximized (which is how she browses) it'll open up BEHIND the window (so you can't see it). I shut off file sharing, just in case that was causing it, but it's still happening. She also MIGHT have installed something called MyTunes.

Anyone know what's going on? Anyone know how to fix it?
  2. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2006
    iTunes thinks ur girlfriend is hot, so it keeps popping up (pun intended) to look at her.
  3. amphibious thread starter macrumors member

Mar 30, 2005
    She doesn't have an iSight camera though, otherwise that would make complete sense.
  4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    This issue has been posted on here many seems to usually be an issue with the iTunes Dashboard Widget. Try deactivating the widget if she has it open and see if that fixes things.
  5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    that itunes widget is garbage anyway, it looks like crap and the mini player (zoom) option works just as well.
  6. amphibious thread starter macrumors member

Mar 30, 2005
    Thanks. Disabled... my fingers are crossed.
  7. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    myTunes could be doing it too if she has that open. I think what happens with a lot of those apps is that they periodically "talk to" iTunes. If iTunes is closed, it'll open to "answer" them. I had a Dashboard widget for a while that was doing that.