iTunes keeps starting up!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shotglass, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Ever since I upgrade to the 7, iTunes keeps starting back up when I close it. It's really annoying, especially when I close it to put the Mac in sleep mode and iTunes wakes it up. Sometimes I click quit 4-5 times before it's shut down for real. Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

i had that prob.

just restart
    it has to do with abug in the itunes widgit

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I find even a restart doesn't help so I just don't run the iTunes (or iTunes related) widget. :)

4. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

It might be 'Sing that iTune!'. I don't need it that often, so I'll try it. I'll be posting results later.

5. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I had a bit of the same problem until I noticed I was accidently clicking on the iTunes icon on my Dock when I would scroll down in Mail a certain way. I didn't see what I was doing until I accidently deleted my PowerPoint icon by dragging it off the dock.

Switching back to a mouse from the touch pad on my PowerBook solved the problem.

6. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

LastFM does this to my copy of iTunes 7. I have to quit LastFM before shutdown can begin, which is a tad annoying.

Also, my MDD Powermac G4 doesn't sleep after I added in a PCI USB2/FW400 card, which is a shame.

7. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Yup, works without a problem. Did this happen in previous versions of iTunes or is it a bug?