Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I got a replacement 5s today, it was already on 8.3 so I did a restore in the latest iTunes, I was going to jailbreak later. After the restore, iTunes pops up with this message:

HdQU955.png

"An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available. Would you like to download it now?"

I click Download and Update, then I get this next message right away.

krP149V.png

"iTunes could not update the carrier settings on your iPhone. The requested resource was not found."

Any ideas on what is going on? I've never seen this carrier update error before. This is a replacement 5s that I got yesterday from the Apple Store. When I go into Settings > General > Software Update, it's says I'm on the latest (8.3).

Also, I'm on Verizon Wireless, my 5s says A1533 on the back. When I do a system restore it downloads and installs "iPhone6,1_8.3_12F70", I'm wondering if that might be the issue? I know there is a iPhone6,1 and iPhone6,2 IPSW file. This phone has not been jailbroken or anything, it's right from the Genius bar.

Thanks for the help,
bud

Edit: And now I start to get this in iTunes. I clicked on iTunes, check for update. It says "An update to the carrier settings for your iPhone is available would you like to download it?".
0HpgaCe.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
On the phone itself, go to Settings > General > About and see if you get prompted to update carrier settings there (and you can check on the version that is listed there as well).

budmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
On the phone itself, go to Settings > General > About and see if you get prompted to update carrier settings there (and you can check on the version that is listed there as well).

I'm on 19.0, I believe 19.1 is the latest for Verizon/5s but cant find any info? When I go into About I don't get prompted. It only happens when I open iTunes it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.