iTunes language problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vniow, Dec 18, 2005.

1. vniow macrumors G4

I'm having an odd problem with iTunes which is every time I try to change any information for a video (and only a video), the text comes out to some Chinese/Viatnamese/Japanese (I don't really know) characters. I tried deleting the preferences or typing what I wanted in another app and copying it into it but neither helped, anyone have any other suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Strange... it's Chinese, FWIW... But that doesn't help. :p

There was this thread a while back, in which something vaguely similar happened because of offending fonts. Is that a possibility?

3. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Sounds similar although I haven't installed any new fonts since I installed the system, its strange that its showing up only when I edit video information, song info is fine.

Weird.

4. vniow thread starter macrumors G4

Now its getting weirder, it seems like its only certain videos which this does funny characters to. I'm gonna try deleting those and reimporting them to see if that makes a difference.

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

try openning up ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml and editting with textedit. I would recommend though you use http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/ (free software) and under the view option select "Show Invisible characters".

side-note: has anyone every tried using utf-16 in one of os x's xml files?

p.s. Vietnamese uses Roman characters.