itunes library files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bonk, May 6, 2005.

1. bonk macrumors member

Sep 17, 2003
    I've decided to move all of my music to a secondary HD to clear out space. I pointed itunes to the new location, and it plays fine, but it insists on keeping the library support files in my users folder. I'd rather have everything in one place (see below for the reason - I dont want to always have to remember to copy files from two places). is there any way to do this?

also, just curious, is there any way to share my library outside of a local network? in other words, I'm wondering if there's any way to directly access the music on my work computer (where all of my music lives) from my home computer over the 'net. yeah, I know, I should get an ipod, but since I wouldnt ever use it as a listening device (just personally dont like being cut off from everything that's going on around me) - it would only serve as an expensive transfer/transport device. currently, if I want to take music home or on the road somewhere, I copy it to an external FW HD and play it on my PB, but this is pretty awkward.
  2. bonk thread starter macrumors member

Sep 17, 2003

crap - relize I posted this in the wrong area - should have gone in the itunes/ipod area. any way I can move it?