iTunes library gone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JSchwage, Oct 5, 2006.

1. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Earlier today I was listening to my music on iTunes and everything was perfect. A couple others in my family use the computer and I get back on a couple hours later to a completely empty iTunes library. Everything is gone, although the files are still on my hard drive. I've tried importing the iTunes Library.itl file into iTunes with no luck.

If anyone could help I'd be greatly appreciated.

( I've also just noticed there's about 53 MB of "Temp Files" in my iTunes folder. What's with that? )

EDIT: Oh, and I'm on Windows XP.

2. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

3. JSchwage thread starter macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

I said my whole library was gone, not just my iTunes-purchased songs. In the end I decided to just rebuild my library by having iTunes scan my music folder. It's going to be a pain in the butt to put ratings on all my songs again, seeing as I have about 450 songs. And all my play count info was also lost. Oh well, it's the price I pay for not backing up my library as often as I should. ( I had all my music deleted once :( )

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I don't bother with the ratings... I just make a playlist with 50 of my favorite songs, in the order I like them.

Besides, putting ratings back on? that'll take 10, 15 minutes tops..