iTunes Library over LAN

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Markleshark, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ok, so basically all my iTunes music is stored on my Mac Mini, I want to be able to access it all on my iBook so that it is still playing through my Mac Mini but I control it with the iBook. I am using Chicken of the VNC so far and would prefer something that doesn't use a VNC (Such as ARD, etc) and also something that doesnt use a browser window. I have tried netTunes, but really thats all that does as well, gives you a VNC view of iTunes. Also I have tried TuneConnect (Which is really what I'm looking for, but that crashes when I try to access the Mac Mini Library) Does anyone know a better way or doing it, or basically something like TuneConnect that I can try?

Cheers
    Mark

2. apb3 macrumors regular

apb3

I might be missing something but all I do is use the same library (on a big HD on my main computer) and just connect to that drive at startup (login item). Set iTunes to that library and you're good to go as long as you can connect to that drive.

iTunes sharing will also do what you want (again, if I'm reading correctly), but I like the direct connect to the lib and the abilitiy to add songs/playlists/whatever from any of the machines connected.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

4. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

5. MattPat macrumors newbie

Also, you might consider trying TuneConnect v1.1... it just came out, and is pretty darn good. Fixes some of those nasty crashes when starting up, and has a ton of new features. :)

... and yes, I am the developer. ;)

-Matt

6. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Hi, Matt. I'm running into a connectivity issue with TuneConnect 2 and wasn't able to utilize the "Report a Bug..." functionality within the application due to a subscription expiration at the 16bugs.com website. What's the best way to communicate with you? Thanks!

Johnny