iTunes library sync'ing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghostee, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ghostee macrumors 6502

How do you guys keep your iTunes libraries sync'ed between multiple computers? I need the ability to keep libraries sync'ed up between my iBook and a PC. In the future, another Mac will be thrown into the mix. If I rip a CD on either computer, or download songs and add them into my library on either computer, I'd like them to be copied to the other computer(s) and added into the iTunes library during the next sync. Up until now I've just shared libraries on each computer, but I really would like to have all the files on both.

Is there a program to do this?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. ghostee thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I actually had a bookmark to that saved, but had tucked it into a sub-sub-subfolder. The reason I had never downloaded it and just bookmarked it was to watch and wait for a full version for the PC.

Any other suggestions?

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

An iPod?

5. ghostee thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I am definately buying an iPod, but not until the next update. So I will be syncing to an iPod as well, but still needing to have files located on my iBook and PC. The PC is decent and has just been moved to the basement next to the stereo and pooltable for playing music, and for some UT2k4 and Starcraft, so getting rid of it completely is just not a viable option right now.

So I'm still in need of a solution.

6. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

AirPort Express?

Or buy an external HD and hook it up 2 both machines?

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's what I do. I keep a master copy on my iBook. Then, when I add music, I drag the new tunes directly from iTunes into a folder on the PC and Airport Express does the rest. For my uses, it's reasonably fast too.

8. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Why not just run SyncOTunes on the Mac to sync it to the PC? It works great... just a few minor bugs but I've notified the developer. (If there isn't an "Album" or "Artist" tag then it is always copied no matter what... just unselect that song, easy enough to do)