itunes Library Updater Program help....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, Sep 13, 2006.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hello itunes wrestlers,

I am one of those with a messy itunes library, due to a series of events i have missing files, files that have been renamed that are not compatible with a previous itunes xml file i was forced to resort to... etc...

i have found the ITUNES LIBRARY UPDATER program and it seems like it is what i need...

bit i run it on my windows machine and it gets hung up on the same song every time!

does anyone have experience with this program on a pc? any suggestions?

thank you,
    r.

here is a link to the program:

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/...tically-sync-itunes-to-any-folders-175161.php

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't have experience with the app but have you tried removing the song from iTunes and from your hard drive? It sounds like a corrupt file.

If it still doesn't work, then maybe try cleaning your library up using the Consolidate Library option and letting iTunes automatically loo after your song files. That could also work. :)

3. whyrichard thread starter macrumors 68000

is it the way file systems handel special characters?

i have a feeling the problem occured when i transfered my library from my mac to my pc,.... and with file names...

do filenames in the mac file system not transfer well to windows? funny characters and such? if there is a dash, for instance, before the file extention, can this cause problems with the handeling of the file in a windows environment?

r.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, that could be a problem, particularly if you're using FAT32 formatting on the PC. It might be worthwhile to remove suspect songs before running this app then. :)