Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daddycool89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
Alright guys, i seem to have a problem which after searching google for hours does not seem to have given me an answer. Basically, i rip a CD in iTunes. Take the newest pitbull album for example. Pitbull is the main album artist, but multiple artists have taken part in one or two of the songs leaving iTunes to not group them all together. So i click get info and name all those affected to have the same album artist. This sorts the iTunes libruary problem out and groups those songs together for that album....happy days. But when i sync it to my Ipod Nano, it once again shows the different artists rather than grouping it together. Sooo annoying. Anybody know how to fix that?

thatdrewguy

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
If the artist field is different artists all you have to do is go to get info, select Compilations = Yes and that should combine on the tracks together. There is no need to rename anything in iTunes. This works for all albums that feature different artists for each track.

daddycool89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
By doing that it renames the album artist to various artists and takes away the original artists names. Then once synced to my Ipod the album is filed under Various Artists. So that does not work. As i said in my iTunes everything is as it should be when i put the album artist to Pitbull all those songs in that album group together. But not on the ipod....any other advice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.