iTunes "mass authorization" of songs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EMKoper, Nov 19, 2006.

1. EMKoper macrumors regular

EMKoper

Hello... I recently upgraded to iTunes 7.0.2 on my PowerBook G4 (OS X 10.4.8) and for some reason it is asking me to reauthorize all my purchased music. But, I can only reauthorize one song at a time... is there anyway to "batch authorize" to do many all at one time? Right now, it is taking 20 seconds per song.... and this is lame, should be an easier way.

By the way, Apple, because of this, I am not updating on my PowerMac iTunes ... this is my first DRM related "ding" since converting to iTunes/iPod... and I am going to start keeping count.

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yes, because Apple is going to read this, get their **** together and fix the problem. One person doesn't make a difference.

But yes, you should be able to just authorize one song and all would be authorized, but iTunes 7 broke this. I had to put up with the same crap and it just took forever. I hated it.

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Really? iTunes 7 asked me to reauthorise one song on each of the accounts I have and hasn't asked me again.

4. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I don't remember being asked to re-authorise any purchased songs :eek:

Check that the permissions of your music folder and all its contents are set to Read and Write.

5. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

Take your purchased music, burn as audio CD, rip the CD back to iTunes in ACC or MP3, never worry about that crap again...;)

6. POHeerwig macrumors member

Kopes,

I just checked mine...I have the same version of iTunes, but none of mine are asking for reauthorization. I wonder if it has to do with your settings?

If you figure it out, I'd love to hear why.